Friday, June 5, 2009

June 4, Minority Report

  1. If you haven't seen it, try to imagine how the story would look as a film. How would it need to be embellished to make a feature-length film? I would embellish most in the areas of character building dialogue. I would round out the characters more, develop the relationships. There are several back-stories within this story that can be embellished, Kaplan and his organization, the army, police, govt., the war and it's aftermath. I would follow Anderton around as a fugitive; there is much excitement to be had there. I would develop the romantic relationships, and accentuate the tension there, for effect.
  2. Thinking about the six elements from the Film Adaptation assignment (title, character, setting, plot/conflict, irony, symbolism), how do you think you might represent some of those things in a film version? The title is intriguing, but when i first heard it, I decided I didn't want to see the movie. Movies about racial tensions stress me out. (smile) I think i might change the title. The plot and the charachters are great, they would just have to be developed more. I would leave the irony and symbolism already present in place, and I would add more and embellish what's already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment