Monday, June 15, 2009

Authors Note

This may seem strange, but I really didn't have more than one draft. I dreamed up the idea the night before the first blog was due. Saturday night, after work, I sat down and typed it up. I fell asleep and finished typing it on Sunday. The story came out straight, as it is. Sunday, I had questions about how much I needed to blatenatly say, "this part right here... this is irony, and this part here..." I decided to insert some of that, but left some of it to be understood, especially in parts that were just obviously the stylistic devices that they were.

I didn't have much to offer as far as drafts go. I only wrote one draft. I went in this morning and added the meanings of the Nigerian names of each charachter, and touched up some grammatical errors. That's it..

I'm worried that I may not have made enough reference to the original story. I feel that I used and discussed the elements that are important to my film, but I wonder if April wanted to see more of the original in the new.


No comments:

Post a Comment